The American Marketing Process
1. Design Your Document
Variable Data Printing is a simple process. It starts by creating a static print document.
2. Upload Customer Data
Next, upload the data you would like to incorporate on your static print without using any complicated software.
Saves time and money.
Variable data printing is also a faster, more economical way to print. Consider the following:
- Print only as many as you need (depending on the size of your database).
- Test-market a piece with a partial selection of your database, adjust the piece based on response rate (or leave it unchanged) and finish the run at a later time.
- Print addresses directly on the piece… there is no need for labels, hand-addressing, etc., thus reducing mailing costs and speeding up the fulfillment process.
But the true value of personalized printing lies in the greatly increased response rates that it generates.
Web-driven-print (and vice-versa)
Database-driven print also opens the door to new opportunities in cross-media marketing. In addition to unique printed pieces, database information can be used to automatically generate personalized URLs (PURLs) and e-mails which, for instance, can be used to collect more information from the customer (via questionnaires, online order forms, contests, etc.), which can then be used to generate follow-up printed pieces. Before you know it, your customers are actually marketing you to themselves!
We recommend that you first “Test Drive” Variable Data Printing with a relatively simple project:
- Send personalized thank-you cards, special offers, or other direct marketing materials.
- Select a test sample from your database for customized mailing and measure the results against conventional print.
Prove it to yourself: It works!
Create your personalized direct mail piece to increase your response rate up to 300%!